Sunday, December 12, 2010

Starting over.

More than a year ago, I made this blog to rant and ramble about the juvenile stuff that I had to "put up with." Clearly a waste of time to read, no doubt about it.

So now, the blog is back with a new name, and I'll be talking about some of the more interesting things I find on the internet, as well as the things that are going on in my life and how they might be cool for you.

But today, I just want to say hello again to the internet, and talk a little about how it's changed.




Four years ago, I didn't know what IRC was, and didn't partake. Today, I connect to at least five IRC servers the moment my computer boots up.

Four years ago, I used Internet Explorer. Why, oh why, did I ever use Internet Explorer.

And four years ago, I was told to take a look at a weird little site that had a posting style I'd never seen before. A fast-paced imageboard full of terrible and wonderful things.

Of course, that was 4chan. I try not to go there anymore, unless I want to laugh at people getting mad at video games. (And occasionally partake, as a World of Warcraft player.) Nowadays I help run an imageboard, 151chan, with a pair of cool guys who do cool things like making code work.

However, more importantly than any of these things, four years ago there was a little SMF forum by the name of Ninjas and Pirates, run by a cool guy we call Billiam. I went there, I got involved in the story, and I did a great deal of roleplaying as quite the "badass" mechanical pirate.

The site went down, came up, went down again, changed ownership, changed ownership again, and presently is in a state of visually painful disrepair. But I never lost my love for the place, and that's why I started a new project, with the permission of Billiam himself.

Pirates and Ninjas, the names reversed just for fun, will potentially offer everything that Ninjas and Pirates ever wanted to- with the added bonus of running on cleaner, faster, better forum software. It's an exciting project, and likely to be the focus of many upcoming blogs. Ask questions in the comments about it and I will be sure to answer them.

Though it feels like I'm leaving you hanging, I'm going to cut this post off now, and let my fresh new blog cool down. Nice talking again.

1 comment:

  1. and hello to you too, sir. Good luck with your project. Again.

    ReplyDelete